In commemoration of the 7th anniversary of super typhoon Yolanda’s devastation of Eastern Visayas, UP Tacloban will hold “Paghinumdum: Remembering Yolanda in the Time of COVID-19”, a 7-part series from 2 to 8 November 2020.
You are invited to submit entries for the culminating activity entitled “Halad hin Gugma ngan Pag-ampo”, a collective gesture of remembrance composed of flower arrangements to be featured online via Bátì UP Tacloban, UP Tacloban’s internet-based community radio.
1. This commemorative activity is open to all interested participants.
2. The flower arrangement should be original and made by the participant for the particular purpose of this commemorative activity.
3. The arrangement should be simple, demonstrating elegance and resourcefulness. This means that the arrangement must consist of flowers and foliage that are readily available from your backyard, garden, or immediate vicinity. Procuring costly exotic flowers and other materials is strictly prohibited.
4. Fillers or vases may be used in creating the flower arrangement. However, arrangements using fabricated flowers (i.e. those made out of plastic, paper, cloth, etc.) will not be accepted.
5. The flower arrangement should fit the top of an altar table or any flat surface. It should be about 1.5 feet in height and 1.5 feet in diameter.
6. The submission will be in the form of a high-resolution, well-composed photograph of the flower arrangement and a short prayer written in Waray or Binisaya. The photograph must not make use of any filter or photo enhancer. In addition, the prayer must not be superimposed on the photograph but encoded in an e-mail to which the photograph is also attached.
7. The photograph and short prayer must be e-mailed to email@example.com any time from 3 to 5 November 2020. Your e-mail should include your full name and hometown or the town where you are currently residing. Another photograph of you with your flower arrangement will be appreciated.
8. The top 15 submissions will be featured on Bátì UP Tacloban, UP Tacloban’s internet-based community radio, on 8 November 2020 at 4:00 PM. The feature will be streamed via Bátì UP Tacloban’s Facebook page and YouTube channel and shared on the Facebook page of the Leyte Samar Heritage Center and UP Tacloban.
9. The top 15 submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
Aesthetic Quality – 40% (includes design, balance, proportion, harmony, focal point, condition, and colors)
Resourcefulness – 30% (refers to the use of readily available and inexpensive materials)
Message – 30% (refers to the content and rhythm of the prayer)
For more information, please email Ms. Marvie Villones at firstname.lastname@example.org.